What to expect as junior water resources modeler
The Water Resources and Delta Management Department (WDM) is contributing to the development of integrated water management plans at national and river basin scale, taken into account the impacts of climate change on the availability of fresh water resources as well as water resources requirements for ecosystems, society and economy.
As a junior water resources modeler, you will strengthen the team that develops and applies the next generation model instrumentation for Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM).
Main activities will include:
- to further develop RIBASIM and apply it to water management issues in national and international projects to support decision making in water resources management issues.
- translate the wishes and needs of-end users into new model concepts and functionalities using your programming skills. For example: developing information systems (meta-models and dashboards);
- to participate as a water resources / river basin modeler in applied scientific research and specialized consultancy projects on water resources planning;
- to provide training courses in the application of RIBASIM;
- to guide and support RIBASIM users (technical help desk);
- to assist in the development of (inter)national projects and the preparation of project proposals.
What does Deltares expect from you:
- a university degree (at least MSc) in hydrology, physical geography, civil engineering, or another related field of study;
- experience in the development and application of water resources or hydrological models, river basin models such as RIBASIM or similar models is preferred;
- demonstrable programming experience with languages like Python or Julia, working with data and/or numerical simulations;
- experience with Deltares software products such as iMOD, Wflow, Delwaq and Delft-FEWS is appreciated.
What we offer:
- Excellent training opportunities for personal and professional growth;
- Deltares offers all junior colleagues a 2-year Young Professional Program;
- Deltares offers a market conform salary. Scaling will be based on your experience;
- Working from home is well facilitated;
- ABP average salary pension, 34 days of vacation, vitality budget and a mobility budget;
- Our Campus in Delft contains unique facilities such as the Delta Flume and our iD-lab, an interactive data research laboratory;
- A diverse and inclusive working environment.
More information and to apply: https://careers.deltares.nl/nl/ad/junior-water-resources-modeler/tvcy7u/en