The Department of Biological & Environmental Engineering at Cornell University is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate to join the Srikrishnan research group. The successful candidate will co-lead a research project on uncertainty characterization for models of coupled natural-human system responses to evolving flood risk. The Postdoctoral Associate will be a part of the Department of Energy-funded Integrated Coastal Modeling project and will have broad opportunities to collaborate with researchers from other universities and national laboratories. This position includes a 12-month appointment with an excellent possibility of renewal for one or more additional years, contingent on funding, performance and available work. The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Conduct computational experiments to understand dynamics of coastal development under dynamic flood risk (50%).
● Actively publish research in peer-reviewed journals and present results at scientific conferences (35%).
● Provide guidance and mentorship to undergraduate and graduate students (15%).
The successful candidate will have:
● A Ph.D in a discipline relevant to uncertainty characterization and quantification for complex systems models (e.g. operations research, statistics, applied mathematics);
● Proficient programming skills with at least one major language for scientific computing (e.g. Python, Julia, R, etc);
● A strong interest in applying quantitative methods to understand drivers of and potential responses to dynamic environmental risks;
● Willingness and ability to assume a leadership role and conduct research as part of a larger team;
● Good communications and interpersonal skills.
Additional preferred qualifications include:
● Experience with coupled natural-human systems modeling and model diagnostics;
● Experience with statistical techniques.
More information and to apply: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/21204