Dear DMDU members,
We are excited to announce the Call for Proposals for the 10th Annual Conference of the Society for Decision Making Under Deep Uncertainty (DMDU), taking place in Deltares in Delft, the Netherlands from October 30th to November 1st. The theme of this year’s conference is “A Decade of DMDU: Learning from the Past and Looking to the Future.” We invite you to submit your proposals by June 30th and join us in celebrating this important milestone in the DMDU community.
Over the past decade, DMDU has experienced rapid growth in terms of technical methods, the number of academics and practitioners using DMDU approaches, and the diverse array of decision problems being studied. As we reflect on our achievements and look forward to the future, this conference aims to address the following topics:
- The Society’s milestones and evolution over the past decade
- The emergence of DMDU in new sectors and use cases, like health, spatial planning, and Artificial Intelligence
- The development and uptake of tools and guidance for adopting DMDU into practice
- DMDU’s contributions to 21st century governance
- Shaping the DMDU agenda for the coming decade.
We welcome submissions for presentations, panel discussions, full sessions, or posters related to these topics or any other aspect of decision making under deep uncertainty. Proposals should include:
- Format (full session/panel discussion or individual talk/poster)
- Title of your presentation or session
- An abstract of up to 250 words, describing the content and objectives of your presentation or session
- A brief biography of the presenter(s), including name(s), affiliation(s), and contact information
- Keywords to describe the main theme, to be chosen from a given list
- For session proposals: Specify considerations for diversity and inclusion
Please submit your proposal via https://forms.office.com/r/JwEk36k8fS by June 30th, 2023. All submissions will be reviewed by our organizing committee, and we will notify you of the outcome by July 30th.
We look forward to receiving your proposals and to your participation in this milestone event for the DMDU community. Should you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Program Committee
10th Annual DMDU Conference