JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Department of Geosciences at Penn State University is announcing a Postdoctoral Associate position in Decision Analysis for Air Quality and Health Outcomes. The successful candidate will play a central role in the DOE-funded Baltimore Urban Integrated Field Laboratory. The postdoc will be co-advised by Dr. Antonia Hadjimichael and Dr. Michael Waring (Drexel University) and is expected to work closely with collaborators from Penn State, Drexel, and Johns Hopkins, as well as other institutions.
- Analyze large datasets of high-resolution indoor or outdoor air quality data, including future emission and climate scenarios, to quantify air quality exposures and health impacts and their correlations to demographics.
- Analyze the impact of changing building stock (e.g., upgrading HVAC) on exposures and health impacts.
- Help coordinate decision analysis and planning efforts across the project.
- Apply uncertainty characterization methods for decision-making under uncertainty.
- Collaborate with research partners across institutions (including experts in building science, health, and atmospheric science) and help with graduate student mentoring.
- Publish findings in peer-reviewed journals and present in professional meetings.
- Must have obtained a Ph.D. in Engineering, or a related discipline by appointment start date.
- Experience in air quality, building science, and/or health outcomes.
- Strong communication and writing skills, ability to multi-task, and work in interdisciplinary environments.
- Ideal candidates will also have some experience with machine learning tools.
For more information and to apply: https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Academic/job/Penn-State-University-Park/Postdoctoral-Associate-in-Decision-Analysis-for-Air-Quality-and-Health-Outcomes_REQ_0000050117-1